I am a full-time independent trumpeter and educator based in Southeast Michigan (Metro Detroit).
Since moving to Michigan in 1995, I have performed with just about every ensemble in the area, including the Detroit Symphony, Michigan Opera Theater, Ann Arbor Symphony, Grand Rapids Symphony, Toledo Symphony, Kalamazoo Symphony, Lansing Symphony, Michigan Sinfoniette, Michigan Chamber Orchestra, and many others. I have been the Principal Trumpet with the Flint Symphony since 1995, and of the Saginaw Bay Symphony Orchestra since 2010. I am a founding member of the Great Lakes Brass.
In addition to my performing activities, I have an active teaching studio at my home in Farmington Hills and am an adjunct instructor of trumpet at Wayne State University and Saginaw Valley State University. I frequently work as a clinician for several area organizations, including the Farmington Public Schools, Livonia Youth Philharmonic, and Oakland Youth Symphony.
- Doctorate of Musical Arts in Trumpet Performance – Michigan State University
- Master of Music in Trumpet Performance from Arizona State University
- Bachelor of Music Education degree with emphasis on trumpet performance from the New England Conservatory of Music
- Fraser High School, Fraser, Michigan.
I play on the following:
- Yamaha Artist Model Chicago Bb trumpet, model YTR 9335-CHS
- Bach Stradavarius Bb trumpet, model 37 S180 ML
- Yamaha Artist Model Chicago C Trumpet, model YTR 9445-CHS
- Schilke D/Eb Trumpet, model E3L
- Monette C trumpet, model MC61X
- Schilke Bb/A piccolo trumpet, model P5-4
- Scherzer Bb/A piccolo trumpet
That’s quite a nice rack…