The Saginaw Bay Symphony Orchestra will perform our first concert of 2011 with a romantic theme in honor of Valentine’s Day this coming Saturday, February 12th, 2011. I’ll have plenty to do on this program, with the exception of the Adagio For Strings, by Samuel Barber. Here’s the full program:
- West Side Story Overture, Leonard Bernstein
- Adagio for Strings, Samuel Barber
- Appalachian Spring, Aaron Copland
- Symphonic Dreams, Catherine McMichael
- Symphony no. 9 (From the New World), Antonín Dvořák
You can find more information on the orchestra’s website, or on Facebook.